[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4183: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4185: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4186: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
rattletree.com • View topic - Hello from France

Hello from France

The place to chat

Hello from France

Postby dially on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 am

Hi here!

My name is Hélène, coming from Paris, and happy to join you on this forum.
First of all, sorry for english mistakes: I didn't practice for a long time.

So I tell you in a few words how the mbira music came into my life:
I play for 4 years, but the first time I heard mbira music is 13 ou 14 years ago: I was in a music shop, looking around in the african music area. I found a CD of Ephat Mujuru and Dumisani Marajere "shona spirit" . I asked to hear some tracks, ans was so enjoyed about this sweet sound. A great revelation!
After that, I tried to meet some people who could teach me mbira music, but in France it s not easy!
Ten years later, Internet helped me to find a sanza player, and this man sent me to another player in Paris: When I phoned him I first believed he was playing sanza, but he specified me "I play particular sanza named Mbira" I felt down from my chair! I met him 2 days later, bought my first Kalimba (mbira nyungwa) and learned my first pieces with him. 3 monthes later, I started Mbira...
dially

Re: Hello from France

Postby Joel on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 am

Hi Hélène,
Do you know Melissa Rigoli? She is an American mbira player living in france. I think she is outside of Paris..
With love and gratitude,
Joel Laviolette
Joel
Site Admin

Return to The Lounge